As well as our permanent team, we also have a professional team of temporary staff who provide cover for vacancies and staff absences, as well as specific specialist support for short periods of time.
Currently, we recruit for:
- Qualified nurses (Band 5)
- Healthcare assistants
- Health visitors
- Non-clinical staff
- Occupational therapists
- Rehab assistants
- School and nursery nurses
Working for us on a temporary basis provides the perfect opportunity for people who want to work flexible hours. We support your work/life balance needs - you choose when you want to work. We have short-term and longer-term temporary positions. If you are looking for a permanent role, check our our vacanies page.
We pride ourselves on having high quality temporary workers and believe in making everyone feel part of the First Community team.
In return for your hard work we offer:
- Competitive rates of pay in line with Agenda for Change
- Choice of shifts
- Access to the NHS Pension Scheme*
- Statutory maternity and sick pay*
- Free mandatory training and the opportunity to increase your skills
- Opporunity to be part of first-rate team of professionals rated as Outstanding by CQC
- All the equipment, time and facilities you need to deliver the best possible care.
*Subject to qualifying conditions
How to join the temporary workforce team
If we have vacancies we'll invite you to attend an assessment session. If successful we'll invite you to induction where you will be welcomed to First Community. Once on board we'll show you how to use our online system to book the shifts you want.