What does the service provide?
- Assessment and advice to patients and carers for speech, language and communication
- Assess and treat communication and swallowing difficulties
- Support patients and carers to adjust to life with communication and/or swallowing difficulties
- Liaise with other health and social care professionals and charities to provide optimum care
- Agree goals for therapy with the patient and family to maximise independence with swallowing and communication
We have a particular focus on conditions such as stroke, Parkinson’s disease, multiple sclerosis and motor neuron disease.
Service location maps
East Surrey Hospital
Oxted Therapies Unit
East Surrey Hospital pay on exit. Oxted Therapies Unit has a small free patient car parking area.