What does the service provide?
The Stroke Review Service is a specialist service for people who have experienced a stroke:
- An invitation to a stroke specialist nurse review, 4-8 months post stroke.
- Annual follow up as required.
The service aims to:
- Explain your stroke diagnosis.
- Assess how you are coping after your stroke.
- Support individuals and their carer’s to adjust to life after stroke.
- To provide information and education relating to stroke recovery and prevention.
- Identify with you if you need any additional help of support.
- Check your blood pressure and pulse.
- Give advice regarding medication, as needed.
- Talk and plan with other services.
- Summarise your stroke care plan at the end of the review.
- Write to your GP and Stroke Consultant with a summary of the review and any recommendations. Provide you with a copy of this letter.
How to refer
Patients referred to our service must be:
Aged 18 or over, who:
- Have a confirmed stroke diagnosis,
- Are registered with a GP in the east Surrey CCG area.
If you have had a stroke in the last few months and are registered with an East Surrey GP please ask your GP to make a referral for you.
To make a referral please complete a Stroke Review Service referral form and send it back to us at Oxted Therapies Unit together with the Stroke Hospital Discharge Summary. You can contact us on 01883 347589
You are welcome to have a family member or carer present with you at the review.
Service location map
Oxted Therapies Unit has a small free patient car parking area.