Now more than ever it’s important for us all to get vaccinated and make testing twice weekly a routine to help protect our friends, families, and communities.
- Test regularly 🦠 - even with no symptoms and even if you've been vaccinated, please take a Lateral Flow Test a couple of times a week
- Get vaccinated 💉 - vaccines are working, and are available for everyone over 25, get booked up ASAP at www.nhs.uk/CovidVaccine
- Stay safe and remember Hands 👏 Face 😷 Space ↔️ Fresh Air 🌥
The vaccine reduces (but does not eliminate) the chances of catching COVID-19 and passing it on, and of serious illness. There is a huge drive nationally to work quickly through the age groups to make sure we’ll all vaccinated, so its important residents get the jab when it’s offered to them.
Around 1 in 3 people with coronavirus do not show symptoms, so can spread the virus to others without knowing. Testing regularly will help to reduce the risk, particularly before meeting friends, family and loved ones outside of your household.
- Residents without symptoms are encouraged to test regularly by ordering free rapid lateral flow tests on the GOV.UK website (https://www.gov.uk/order-coronavirus-rapid-lateral-flow-tests)
- Residents with symptoms and those who need to confirm a positive rapid lateral flow test must self-isolate and take a PCR test via a testing site or by ordering online on the GOV.UK website (https://www.gov.uk/get-coronavirus-test)
For more information on how to access testing and vaccinations visit surreycc.gov.uk/coronavirus