First Community has developed a new and exciting Patient Safety Partner role that is open to members of the public to work as an advisor to help us deliver safe healthcare across the organisation.
This is a new and innovative position which stems from a growing body of work both nationally and within First Community focusing on involving patients across all levels of healthcare with particular focus on improving safety.
We are seeking to recruit two Patient Safety Partners to each attend one meeting or committee a month that focuses on safety and quality. Membership of the group will be for a fixed period of 18 months and successful applicants will receive payment for involvement for attendance at the meeting. Reasonable expenses will also be covered for training required for the role and any preparation time prior to the meeting.
We are seeking positive and enthusiastic people who have a broad and keen interest in helping to improve safety in health services and patient experience and provide a solution-focused approach to help make a difference.
Successful applicants will require the following skills and experience:
- Have had recent and relevant experience of being a patient, carer of someone using health services or have had a lived experience of an adverse event. Having moved beyond it you can now impart the knowledge and insight learned from it, and how it can enhance quality of care
- Are able to put forward views of behalf of the wider community/groups of patients (not own opinion only)
- Confident to contribute to discussions in large groups and have the ability to critically challenge our thinking in a constructive positive way
- You are able to respect and listen to other points of view and can tackle issues sensitively
- Able to commit to at least one day a month to the role for 18 months
- Have no conflicts of interest that would prevent participation in the role.
First Community recognise, value, and support the important role Patient Safety Partners will play and that their active contributions are integral to the Organisation in achieving its aims. We will provide Patient Safety Partners with a meaningful and valuable experience and the opportunity to make a real difference to First Community. You will also receive induction and training and a named member of staff to provide you with support and guidance for the meetings.
For more information and to apply please visit https://beta.jobs.nhs.uk/candidate/jobadvert/B9078-22-7912
Closing date: 11 April 2022
If you have any questions please contact Claire Poustie, Patient Safety Lead for First Community on 07483 049408 or email Claire.email@example.com.