Members of the public are reminded not to attend the Minor Injury Unit (MIU) at Caterham Dene Hospital if they are displaying any symptoms of Covid.
If patients or visitors displaying Covid symptoms attend the unit, we are required to temporarily close it to undertake a deep clean to reduce the risk of infection and keep all staff and other patients at the site safe.
You can help us to keep you safe by:
- Not visiting the MIU if you think you have Covid
- Not visiting if you are unwell with Covid type symptoms, even if you think it is just a cold
- Wearing a fluid resistant face mask which we can supply for you
- Cleaning your hands with alcohol gel provided when entering and leaving
- Staying at least two metres away from other people
The MIU is open 7 days a week, 8am to 8pm, (last patient at 7.30pm) for adults aged 18 years and over. It provides treatment for a range of minor ailments including cuts and grazes, sprains and strains, broken bones, eye problems and minor burns and scalds.
For more information on the MIU click here.