On Tuesday 8 June, the NHS vaccination programme hit its six-month milestone, with nearly nine million people vaccinated with at least one dose across the South East.
The coronavirus (COVID-19) vaccines are safe and effective and give you the best protection against COVID-19. COVID-19 vaccines are now being offered to:
- people aged 25 and over
- people who will turn 25 before 1 July 2021
- people at high risk from COVID-19 (clinically extremely vulnerable)
- people with a condition that puts them at higher risk (clinically vulnerable)
- people with a learning disability
- people who live or work in care homes
- health and social care workers
- people who are a main carer for someone at high risk from COVID-19
You do not need to wait to be contacted if you're in a group listed above. You are able to book your COVID-19 vaccination appointments online now.
Find out more about the vaccine here.