In light of increased COVID variant cases in the north of Reigate and Banstead district, as many residents as possible are being encouraged to get tested, regardless of whether they have symptoms. This is to ensure that positive cases are identified as quickly as possible, and so those people who test positive can isolate and hence slow the spread of the virus within the community.
To enable this to happen Mobile Testing Units will be available within the affected area from Friday 18 June.
Surge testing will take place in two areas of the borough:
- Area one is Banstead, Walton-on-the-hill and Tattenham corner
- Area two is Reigate town centre
A map is available on the Surrey County Council website which will show the boundaries of the surge testing area.
- Anyone who lives, works or studies in the area can get tested
- Testing is free of charge
- You should only take part in the surge testing if you do not have symptoms. If you have symptoms you should book a PCR test by calling 119, visiting the NHS website or using the NHS COVID-19 App
The Mobile Testing Units will be open Monday to Friday, 10am – 8pm, Saturday and Sunday, 8am – 6pm, and will remain in the below sites until Sunday 27 June 2021. Please note, from Thursday 24 June opening hours will revert to 9am-5pm.
The address for the sites are as follows:
- Tadworth Leisure Centre, Preston Manor Road, Tadworth KT20 5FB
- Banstead High Street car park, 58-60 High Street, Banstead SM7 2LX
- The Mound car park, Royal Drive, Tattenham Corner KT18 5QB
- Reigate Town Hall, Castlefield Road, Reigate RH2 0SH.