- Welcome benefit of £2,000 for some roles
- Additional 5% High Cost Area Supplement on Agenda for Change salary
- Flexible working
- Flexible retirement pension plans with the Pensions Trust and NHS Pension Scheme
- Salary Sacrifice Schemes, including cars
- Training and professional development
- Independent staff assistance programme including financial, legal and health advice as well as counselling
- Staff health and wellbeing programme
- Members of the easitNetwork offering car sharing, deals on cars and bicycles, and rail discounts
- NHS Discounts for 1000s of high street and online brands
- Staff and staffside engagement with Unions and our Council of Governors
We believe First Community is a great place to have a career, and develop your potential:
- Co-ownership – the option to have a share in our organisation being represented at Board level by our Council of Governors and opportunity to attend our annual general meeting
- Added social value – We give a proportion of our surplus back by investing in our local community to assist local health and well-being
- Inclusive, friendly, community – We maintain a ‘Floor to Board in 5 Minutes’ principle which means that staff can contact any Board member at any time enabling staff to escalate concerns or matters of interest to the Board with no fuss or delay
- Your well-being – We have recently extended our Friends and Family Test to include staff feedback. Early insight shows that 84% or staff would recommend First Community to friends and family as a place to work
- Live out our values – we have a Behaviours Framework to help our staff build our values into their objectives and live out our values externally. It supports daily conversations around performance, enabling identification and recognition of strengths and any barriers to individuals meeting their full potential
- Celebrate successes – We seek out every opportunity to celebrate with our staff. Whether its National Nurses Day, a retirement, or an individual achievement, we make sure we share each success across our organisation and promote the great work our staff do each day
We believe that our skilled people and their ideas are very important.
As an employee-owned social enterprise, the foundation of our organisation is built so that our people can share in ownership and decision making, for delivering great care. Our staff continue to go the extra mile, connecting with others in healthcare and beyond to support people in our community, ensuring that our patients and service users continue to remain at the heart of what we do.
Every member of staff is invited to become a shareholder. This is intended as a symbol of commitment to patient services and gives staff a real opportunity to propose innovations and ideas.