Open 7 days a week 8am - 8pm (last patient 7.30pm) - 18 years and over.
This is a convenient alternative to A&E and is run by qualified emergency nurse practitioners. The MIU provides treatment for:
- Cuts and grazes
- Sprains and strains
- Broken bones (fractures)
- Bites and stings
- Infected wounds
- Eye problems, such as infections or scratches
- Sports injuries
- Minor burns and scalds
This is a walk in service but appointments can be made by calling NHS 111.
Please do not attend if you are suffering from:
- Abdominal pain
- Chest pain
- Rectal or vaginal bleeding
The Minor Injury Unit is unable to treat children under the age of 18 years. If you think your condition is serious or life-threatening, you should dial 999 or go to your nearest A&E.
There is a Minor Injury Unit X-ray facility at Caterham Dene Hospital, Monday to Friday 09.00-17.00 and from 10.00am - 17.00pm Saturday, Sunday and Bank Holidays.
**Please note: We have a limited X-ray service at present due to an upgrade taking place. Please do call NHS 111 in the first instance if you feel you need this type of service.**
We ask you to help us by:
- Not visiting if you are unwell or showing signs of coronavirus
- Wearing a fluid resistant face mask in the hospital which we can supply for you
- Cleaning your hands with alcohol gel provided when entering and leaving
- Staying at least two metres away from other people
Please be advised we do not offer a walk in service for Covid vaccinations.
How to contact us
Call: 01883 837500 (please use this main switchboard number to contact the Ward, Minor Injury Unit and Rapid Assessment Clinic with any queries).
Address: Caterham Dene Hospital, Church Road, Caterham, Surrey CR3 5RA
Getting to Caterham Dene Hospital
Free parking is available on site.
The nearest train station is Caterham which is 0.5 miles away from the hospital. It takes about 10-15 minutes to walk from the station to the hospital. Turn right out of the station and walk down Church Hill Road following the road round and the hospital is on the right-hand side.
- Route 400 serving East Grinstead – Crawley – Gatwick Airport – East Surrey Hospital – Redhill – Caterham
- Route 409 serving Caterham – Warlingham – Selsdon
- Route 540 serving Woldingham – Caterham – Chaldon – Merstham – Redhill
For more information or to plan your journey visit: www.metrobus.co.uk