First Community is a great place to work and our CQC outstanding rating puts us among the top two percent of organisations providing NHS care in the country.
Everyone working at First Community has a voice and is supported to develop their career to its full potential in our aim to provide first rate care.
Whatever your role - as a nurse, therapist or in a supporting role - we'll invest in you and your career. We'll provide you with opportunities to learn new skills as well as shape and improve the services we provide. This is important as the community health and care services we provide to people living in east Surrey and West Sussex have a huge impact on the lives they lead.
Alongside career development, we pride ourselves on supporting staff to look after their health and wellbeing. We offer a comprehensive staff health and wellbeing programme for everyone at First Community and flexible working opportunities are available. Learn more here
Working with us comes with a range of benefits including a £2,000 welcome benefit for some roles, 5% high cost area supplement in addition to Agenda for Change salaries, NHS pension scheme and competitive annual leave allowances. Further benefits are shown in the drop down box below.
Join First Community and do the job you were trained to do
Why work for us? Find out about staff benefits and why First Community is a great place to have a career, and develop your potential
We believe First Community is a great place to have a career, and develop your potential
- Co-ownership – the option to have a share in our organisation being represented at Board level by our Council of Governors and opportunity to attend our annual general meeting
- Added social value – We give a proportion of our surplus back by investing in our local community to assist local health and well-being
- Inclusive, friendly, community – We maintain a ‘Floor to Board in 5 Minutes’ principle which means that staff can contact any Board member at any time enabling staff to escalate concerns or matters of interest to the Board with no fuss or delay
- Your well-being – We have recently extended our Friends and Family Test to include staff feedback. Early insight shows that 84% or staff would recommend First Community to friends and family as a place to work
- Live out our values – we have a Behaviours Framework to help our staff build our values into their objectives and live out our values externally. It supports daily conversations around performance, enabling identification and recognition of strengths and any barriers to individuals meeting their full potential
- Celebrate successes – We seek out every opportunity to celebrate with our staff. Whether its National Nurses Day, a retirement, or an individual achievement, we make sure we share each success across our organisation and promote the great work our staff do each day
We believe that our skilled people and their ideas are very important
As an employee-owned social enterprise, the foundation of our organisation is built so that our people can share in ownership and decision making, for delivering great care. Our staff continue to go the extra mile, connecting with others in healthcare and beyond to support people in our community, ensuring that our patients and service users continue to remain at the heart of what we do.
Every member of staff is invited to become a shareholder. This is intended as a symbol of commitment to patient services and gives staff a real opportunity to propose innovations and ideas.