What does the service provide?
- Education, information and support to those newly diagnosed with Heart Failure
- Ongoing support and advice not only to the patient but to their families and carers too.
Our team consists of Heart Failure Nurse Specialists (HFNS) who provide:
- Nurse led clinics on a weekly basis at Oxted Health Centre, Caterham Dene Hospital, Birchwood Medical Practice Horley, Smallfield surgery Redhill and Greystone surgery Redhill providing specialist nursing assessment and advice on managing Heart Failure.
- Education around what Heart Failure is and how to manage it including lifestyle advice and measures to put in place to monitor the condition
- Advice on the signs and symptoms to look out for which could indicate a “flare up” of the condition and what to do if they notice any of them
- Regular reviews of symptoms, general observations and well- being along with regular blood tests to monitor kidney function
- Individualised care plans to encourage the patient to self-manage their condition (with support of the HFNS)
- An “open door” service with access to the HFNS by telephone if required.
How to refer to the Service
- GP’s who have a suspicion of heart failure can arrange to have a Pro-BNP blood test done and if positive can refer directly into our One Stop Heart Failure Clinics for an echocardiogram and clinician review
- Clinicians can refer in directly to the Heart Failure Nurse Specialist if the patient has a confirmed diagnosis of heart failure (LVEF <45%) on echocardiogram done within the last 12 months
- Patients must be registered with an East Surrey GP.
- British Heart Foundation: www.bhf.org.uk 0300 330 3311
- Pumping Marvellous - https://pumpingmarvellous.org
Call: 01737 777708
Orchard House, Unit 8A Orchard Business Centre
All clinics have parking facilities. Please allow plenty of time for parking as space can be limited at times.
Hours of service: 8.30am - 4.30pm